October 30th 2020; Podcast-A-Palooza COVID-19 Health & Safety
Podcast-A-Palooza® (PCAP) believes the safety and security of our attendees is our first priority. As a testament to this fundamental belief, PCAP 2020 was postponed and subsequently cancelled as the COVID-19 crisis was not controlled in the months preceding the event. PCAP 2021 is still 7 months away, however we continue to carry this fundamental safety consideration for all decisions made regarding the event.
The management of PCAP 2021 will, at no stage, risk our attendees and will take steps to provide the most appropriate protection. Currently we believe that the COVID-19 crisis will be under control by May 2021, however, should the risk still be present, tougher decisions will be made if necessary.
Should the risk remain at the level it is today (30th October 2020) we will again postpone if required or cancel if necessary. This will be done without penalty to our attendees as we have previously ensured in 2020.
The PCAP mission statement remains:
- Development of the global lifestyle community
- Inclusive of all
- Excellence in customer and operation
- Financially secure while never at the expense of 1 through 3.
To review our previous updates in relation to the health and safety of our attendees please refer to https://podcast-a-palooza.com/category/news-updates/
For more information on COVID19 please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
We would like to assure our attendees, suppliers, staff & the community as a whole that PCAP is committed to providing a safe, secure and healthy place for people to express themselves. We will never put your health & safety at risk. Further updates regarding COVID and our event will be made as necessary.
Below you will find a copy of the current commitments from our host hotel in relation to COVID19 & cleanliness
Hotel Protocols (current as of October 2020)
In response to COVID-19, we have initiated and are maintaining industry-leading and scientifically driven elevated cleanliness standards to safeguard the wellbeing of our guests and colleagues. Our strengthened safety and sanitizing measures incorporate the latest guidance from the world’s leading health authorities, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO), and apply to all guest rooms, public and back-of-house areas.
The comprehensive strategies we are employing are rooted in industry experience, based on the latest scientific guidance, and utilize hospital-grade cleaners and best practices designed to prevent the spread of viruses. These strategies will be updated regularly to reflect the most current science and technology available.
At a glance, here is what we are doing to keep you safe and comfortable:
- Keeping our Distance. We have implemented social distancing measures in all public, event and back-of-house areas of the hotel.
- Sanitizer Stations Throughout. Touchless hand sanitizer stations have been placed throughout all public, event and back-of-house areas of the hotel.
- Enhanced and More Frequent Cleaning. EPA-rated hospital-grade disinfectants will be standard protocol and used in guest rooms and to clean public, event and back-of-house areas.
- Personal Protection Equipment Required. All hotel associates are required to wear face masks and gloves. Guests are encouraged to do so as well.
- In-room Safety Kits Provided. Upon arrival, each room will include a sealed safety kit containing a face mask, hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes.
- Your Room is Your Room. No hotel personnel will enter your room during your stay without your permission.
- Training and Education. We provide regular training to our hotel associates about the latest safety and cleanliness guidance.
Our associates are equipped to handle confirmed or suspected COVID-19 cases among guests and colleagues. They also understand how to identify potential health risks and are committed to working together to strictly follow all safety and cleaning protocols, which are detailed below.
- Proper hand washing and other safety protocol trainings will be conducted and maintained. Guests are also encouraged to adhere to regular 30-second handwashing/sanitizing guidelines.
- Front desks will be equipped with plexiglass sneeze guards, and all staff (e.g. front desk, concierge, valets, etc.) will be required to wear personal protection equipment (PPE), including masks and gloves.
- Social distance markers will be placed in all public areas (where applicable) to encourage social distancing awareness.
- COVID-19 policies and protocols will be provided to each guest upon check-in.
- Elevator capacity will be limited, as appropriate, to maintain social distances in controlled spaces.
- Should a guest or staff member be diagnosed with COVID-19 after leaving the hotel, all guests and staff that were present at the same time will be notified. If a guest or staff member is diagnosed while staying with us, proper isolation protocols will be followed pursuant to CDC and WHO guidelines, and guests and staff will be notified.
- EPA-rated hospital-grade disinfectants will be used to clean each guest room, with special attention paid to all high-touch surfaces (e.g. door handles, light switches, etc.).
- Your Room is Your Room. No hotel personnel will enter your room during your stay without your permission. We will provide replenished amenities – including towels and linens– in sanitized packaging.
- Upon arrival, each room will include a sealed safety kit containing a face mask, hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes.
- Guests are encouraged to use mobile keys where available. In the event of key card usage, all guest keys will be disinfected via UVC light treatment upon check out.
- For the laundry and cleaning of bed linens and towels, sealed laundry bags will be utilized during transportation to and from the cleaning facility.
- We will utilize EPA-rated hospital-grade disinfectants throughout all public areas, including:
- Elevator cabs
- Public restrooms
- Pool areas
- Fitness center
- All high-touch public area surfaces such as handrails and door handles will be wiped down with EPA-rated hospital-grade disinfectants.
- Touchless hand sanitizer stations have been placed in key areas throughout the hotel including hotel entrance, front desk, meeting room landings and elevator landings.
- Pool furniture will be cleaned using EPA-rated hospital-grade disinfectants and covered with chaise lounge covers or other clear indication that cleaning has been completed.